Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall/Winter 2011 Fashion Trend: Polka Dots


Polka dots in all sizes and colors appeared frequently on the AW2011 runways (Above: Stella McCartney; Marc Jacobs; Diane Von Furstenberg; David Koma).  I feel like this trend appears every couple of years and it looks like it is back for this upcoming season!  I don't have much to say about this trend as I think it is just fine, but I am always hesitant to wear polka dots due to the teasing I received for my polka-dotted outfit that I wore on the first day of 8th grade at a new school -- a polka dot off-the-shoulder top with white overall shorts, a matching polka dot hair bow, with matching polka dot socks and white sneakers.  Man did I think I looked great!  Unfortunately, it appears that I may have been the only one as I still am teased by my friends about that outfit to this day!  Anyway, if you were not traumatized by polka dots as a child like me and you want to give this trend a try this fall, below are some polka-dotted options to consider:  ASOS spot print shift dress for $82.33 on www.asos.com; ASOS spot print chiffon blazer for $64.03 on www.asos.com; Collective Concepts polka dot blouse for $59 on www.piperlime.com; Forever 21 polka dot dress for $24.80 on www.forever21.com; Tulle pleated waist polka dot coat for $99 on www.piperlime.com; Oasis spot print wide leg pants for $82.33 on www.asos.com; Lipsy spotted bow front blouse for $64.03 on www.asos.com; Forever 21 polka dot skirt for $17.80 on www.forever21.com; Daniel Rainn polka dot top for $64 on www.piperlime.com; ASOS spot dress with collar for $73.18 on www.asos.com; Banana Republic polka dot cardigan for $69.50 on www.bananarepublic.com; Boutique by Jaegerpolka dot silk wrap dress for $364.07 on www.asos.com.

No comments: