Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring/Summer 2010 Fashion Trend: Side Braids


While I suppose this trend is not technically considered a "fashion" trend per se and is more so a "beauty" trend, I just couldn't resist including it in my rundown of the 2010 Spring/Summer trends. The side braid hairstyle was featured prominently on the SS2010 runways (Above: Alexander Wang; Miu Miu) and is popping up left and right on celebrities on the red carpet, at premiers, and other events (Below: Kate Bosworth; Leona Lewis; Mary-Kate Olsen; Nicole Richie; Rachel McAdams). This hairstyle can take multiple forms whether it is a traditional braid like Nicole Richie's braid below or a fishtail braid like Leona Lewis' braid below. This hairstyle also ranges from messy to more polished like Rachel McAdams' braid below. I haven't had a chance to experiment with this trend just yet, but I am excited to give it a try!

No comments: