Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trend Alert: Green Nails


Last fall the big nail color was purple. This fall it is all about green!!! Chanel's AW 2009 collection featured a limited edition nail color called "Jade" that is scheduled to be released this month. This color has quite the buzz right now and has been spotted on celebrities (see Drew Barrymore and Rachel Bilson below) already.

My guess is that this color will go quickly (rumor has it that there is already a waitlist for it!), but I'm sure that other brands will release similar colors shortly. I've already managed to locate a similar color by OPI called "Get in Lime" (pictured below).

From what I've been reading in the blogosphere lately you either love or hate this trend. Personally, I don't mind it but it would be difficult for me to get away with wearing it to the office. I am finding myself drawn to the darker shades of green, which are also on trend this fall (as featured in the Doo.Ri AW collection). If you are looking for a dark green shade, below are a few to choose from: MAC "Beyond Jealous" (worn in the Doo.Ri collection pictured below); Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry "Jumpin Jade Frost"; OPI for Sephora "Dark Room"; OPI "Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow"; Zoya "Suvi".
When wearing unconventional colors like green, remember to keep your nails short. And if green isn't your thing, purple is definitely still in this fall and winter, as is grey, charcoal, dark plum, inky-red, copper, and wine.

No comments: