Friday, July 17, 2009

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale STARTS TODAY

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale started this morning and will run until August 3, 2009, when the select discounted fall items will return to their regular prices. I popped into the C-bus Nordstrom located at Easton around 11:30 a.m. this morning and the place was a mad house, particularly the shoe department! If you are in the market for a leather jacket this fall, this sale is the place to go as they had a bunch to choose from ranging from about $100 to $450. They also had a nice selection of designer sunglasses including Gucci, Coach, Marc Jacobs, and Valentino, but they were going quickly. I was also impressed by their jewelry selection, but was somewhat underwhelmed by their women's clothing selection. The shoe department was packed as always. The Uggs were going like hot cakes!

If they have run out of the style or size that you want, just ask the sales associate to order it for you and when it comes back into stock it will be shipped to you free of charge. So what did I get you ask? Today I found my inner rock diva and picked up the above leather moto jacket by Frenchie for $100 down from $168, the above BCBGeneration peep-toe bootie for $80 down from $129, and the above layered 54-strand necklace by Cara for $65 down from $98. As I mentioned earlier, they have a great selection of moto jackets. The one I purchased was the cheapest of the real leather ones, which was a strategic move on my part since I am not sure how much wear I will really get out of it. Other items of note from the sale that I didn't pick up today but considered are the below pair of Naughty Monkey pumps for $55 down from $80, the below cashmere wrap for $50 down from $78 (they come in all kinds of colors), and the below boyfriend jeans by Jolt for $32 down from $48.

Of the items that I mentioned would be on sale in my pre-sale post, they still had some of the burberry totes available, which were quite cute. The burberry wraps were also still available but were huge. Much bigger than I expected and they fasten in a way that I think makes the wrap most appropriate for a mature woman. The Marc Jacobs handbags are not available at the C-bus Nordies, but the sales reps can order them for you if they are still available. I did not see the burberry wedges or flats in-store either, but I believe that the wedges may still be available online.

No comments: